We know these will sale out fast so due to the high cost of these items
Con-Cor is offering a 3 month payment plan this item.
Please use this form to request the 3 month payment installment plan https://www.con-cor.com/orderform/
PRE-ORDER! Due Late July! First Come First Served
A number of K4s locomotives had streamlining applied over the years. All were later removed, restoring the locomotives to their original appearance.
In February 1936, locomotive #3768 was clad in a shroud designed by famed industrial designer Raymond Loewy. This highly concealing, enveloping streamlined casing hid most of the functionality of the steam locomotive, leading to its nickname of The Torpedo by train crews.
At first, the locomotive was not painted in standard Dark Green Locomotive Enamel (DGLE) but instead in a bronze color. It was later refinished in DGLE. A matching tender ran on unusual six-wheel trucks. Like most streamlined steam locomotives, the shrouds impeded maintenance and the covers over the wheels were later removed. For a time, the locomotive was the preferred engine for the Broadway Limited train.
Were proud to offer this iconic steam locomotive to our serious PRR modelers.
Industry-Leading SOUND Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Record & Play Operation – Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- 16-bit Sample Rate for exceptional high frequency sound clarity
- Playback Whistle for multiple whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of 3 selectable Whistles
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle – both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Johnson Bar or Power Reverse Sound at Direction Change
- Passenger Station Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Freight Yard related radio chatter – Controlled with Function Key
- Lumber Yard Ambient Sounds – Controlled with Function Key
- Farm related radio chatter – Controlled with Function Key
- Crew Radio Communications – Controlled with Function Key
- Maintenance Yard related radio chatter – Controlled with Function Key
- Demo Mode for display and demonstrations
- Grade Crossing Automatic Signal
- Simple Programming with Integral DCC Decoder
- Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal – When activated, stopping triggers and stop whistle toot. When moving forward from a stopped position, toots twice. When moving in reverse, toots three times.
- Chuff sound intensity varies with load
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for most effects
**Specifications on this page subject to change.