PLEASE NOTE: When operating Walthers-branded DCC-equipped locomotives in DC mode, do not use power packs that exceed an 18V rating. This includes MRC 1300-series power packs which have known issues with our decoders.
Add classic diesel power to your HO roster in minutes with WalthersMainline F7 A and B units!
With the arrival of the F7 in 1949, EMD had exactly what railroads needed to begin dieselizing with a vengeance. Geared for freight or passenger service, they were equally at home in either assignment. Over the next four years, EMD built over 2200 A and 1400 B units, delivered in a rainbow of schemes for nearly every railroad in America. Tough and durable, many soldiered on into the early 70s and several are preserved.
Based on VIA’s colorful passenger units, the A unit features a single headlight, while both units have steam generator details and 36″ dynamic brake fans. Other features include:
- Limited edition – one time run of these road numbers!
- Used in freight and passenger service from 1949 to the 1990s – many preserved today
- Nicely priced power for WalthersMainline freight and passenger trains
- Factory-installed handrails
- ESU Sound for DCC and DC layouts featuring:
- 4 function outputs with brightness control by CV
- Fully DCC compatible
- 14, 28, 128-speed steps
- Dual-mode DC and DCC
- 4 air horns changeable by CVs
- 2 bells changeable by CVs
- Full 8-notch prime mover sounds
- Dynamic brake
- Multiple realistic lighting effects
- Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
- Five-pole skew-wound motor
- 14:1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operations
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Dual machined brass flywheels
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis
- Constant and directional lights
- 9-pin plug on Standard DC models for easy DCC conversion
- RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
Alternate Horns and Bells include:
Horns: CV163 = Leslie A-200 (default) CV163 = Wabco Single Chime CV163 = Leslie S3L CV163 = Leslie S5 Cv163 = Nathan M5
Bells: CV164 = EMD Brass Bell (default) CV164 = EMD Steel Bell