NOTE: Only 4 available of the 68303 Day 1 Collectors Edition. (Limited Run)
Bachmann’s DCC sound-equipped ALC-42 uses the prototype’s original design documentation and sound files. This model includes a TCS WOWSound® CD-Quality 16-bit 44,100Hz decoder with Audio Assist® for easy configuration without programming CVs and a Keep-Alive® device for uninterrupted operation, even over dirty track. The WOWSound® diesel-electric locomotive sound package includes horn, bell, prime mover, start-up/shutdown, compressor, cooling fan, coupler close/release, brake release and application, crew alert, grade-crossing quill, departing and arriving station announcements, and more. Loaded with prototypical features, the ALC-42 brings all the sights and sounds of the newest Amtrak® diesel-electric locomotive to your layout.
- DCC sound-equipped for sound, speed, direction, and lighting control
- TCS true CD quality audio in 16-bit 44,100Hz sound
- Keep-Alive® device that keeps your engine running during power interruptions due to dirty track or loss of electrical contact
- voice-guided Audio Assist® programming tool for easy set-up of almost all decoder functionality
- dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
- directional headlights
- interior corridor work lights
- marker lights
- steady/alternate flashing ditch lights
- die-cast frame
- separately applied windshield wipers, grab irons and detail parts
- performs best on 22” radius curves or greater
Bachmann Industries is an official licensee of Amtrak®. Amtrak, Amtrak California, Amtrak Cascades, America’s Railroad and Pacific Surfliner are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.